12.15.2009

Ninja Assassin

Can we just talk about how awesome it is that the two main leads in Ninja Assassin were a black woman and a Korean man?






SO. AWESOME. Naomie Harris (28 Days Later, Pirates of the Caribbean) plays a brainy, fearless Europol agent who finds a money trail that links several political assassinations to underground Ninja clans. Rain (Speed Racer) plays a ninja trained by one of these deadly clans, who breaks free when they execute the girl he fell in love with.

The two leads were just icing on the cake... a cake of awesome martial arts choreography and fountains of blood. Loved it.

4 comments :

Justine Musk said...

You just elevated that movie from 'rent the DVD when I have time' to 'total must-see' for me.

happy holidays.

LH said...

fantastic!!! And thanks a bunch for dropping by, I am a total fan of your blog.

Emil said...

I really love this movie since Rain plays in it. I have watched this for a couple of times and I don't get bored. I really love his acting. He is so sexy.

Katie said...

I haven't ever watched this before. But I can imagine how some it was that the two main leads in Ninja Assassin were a black woman and a Korean man. It described two culture and difference, didn't it?